This month will be jam packed with goodies for learning! : ) I bought some tangram sets from the dollar store thinking I'd be lucky
if the kids ever looked at it. Instead, they both were arguing over who
got to play with it. The oldest zoomed right through it. Looking into
pattern pieces, tangrams, and more difficult pages for them. I'm still
glad that I started with the dollar store version so that I didn't push
it on them and they were able to view it as a toy more than school. We now have a garden snail along with our pupating moth caterpillar. The plant that the oldest is growing has gotten a bit too big for the new pot. We may have to move it outside if it keeps growing like this! He's doing such a great job making sure that it is getting enough water and sun right when it needs it.
Tie-dyed a shirt.
Our second caterpillar (Didn't get a picture before it went under the dirt to pupate!) turned into a moth!
Blue Moon
Trip to our state's zoo!
Learning to use a map!
Learning to cook.
Coral reef/Ocean sensory bin.
A pyramid with traps, mummies, etc.
I covered these two jars and had the kids count the clinks with me (1, 1, 2, 2, etc.) as I put one in each. When we reached 50, I uncovered them. The kids had guessed at which would get full faster before we began. They guessed which had more after seeing them with the beads. We lined them up, counted them in pairs (50), counted by twos once we saw that they had the same amount, and counted to 100.
No comments:
Post a Comment