Things we did this week:
- We worked on learning even and odd numbers up to 10. The concept REALLY frustrates him. "WHY do we have to NAME the numbers?" I feel you kid, still, we must learn it.
- We did a My Place In The World booklet where we learned our address, city, state, country, continent, and planet.
- We sang a song to go with the book: "I live on the planet Earth, I live on the planet Earth, (repeat twice) I live on Earth." Changing it to go with each page until we got to our address, which we did not include due to the difficulty of fitting into the song.
- We took a field trip to the French Quarter in Downtown Charleston. We saw churches, cemeteries, theaters, explored stores, bought some agates, and observed all that the area had to offer. We did not do the Provost's Dungeon, nor the Old Slave Mart. We will be going back soon to do those.
- A fun game developed out of a poster sized world map, a toob of settlers, a toob of landmarks, a toob of pirates, and the Ancient Egyptian toob. We learned about the landmarks, read the countries and cities that they belonged in, placing them on the map, as well as having our pirates and settlers go from continent to continent on ships. We also discussed the "discovery" of the Americas by Columbus and how Native Americans came to be known as Indians.
- We worked on addition and subtraction, again, during daily activities.
Of the sight words that we'd started out with the other week, I've learned that the kid knows most of them! He still needs to work on: and, are, can, has, he, here, like, said, see, she, we. 11/32. Not bad.
You'll excuse my covering up our city and address, I'm sure.
Earthquake bars!
No comments:
Post a Comment