Monday, July 9, 2012

My Place In The World Week (7/9/12)

This week's goals: 
- A project similar to this (Where I got the idea for this week's theme, of course.):  http://kidworldcitizen.org/2011/11/26/my-place-in-the-world-project/  I hope to have the oldest write the actual information (address, etc.) but we'll see what we get.

- Library trip

- Field trip:  French Quarter Downtown Charleston tour

- New sight word list

- "B is for boy" and "G is for girl" dot pages (While it may not pertain to our theme, exactly, it isn't easy to find these pages and I don't have time to fight with trying to make my own right now.  He is a bit older than the target age for these pages but he seems to be interested in them and he sees a word while playing so he is learning the word.)

Those are the definite goals for this week but I have other ideas and we'll see where we end up at the end of the week.  One of the great joys of homeschooling is that we can be flexible to keep the creative juices flowing and the children interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment