We did not meet all of our goals. We did the F is for frog and fly dot page, went to Cypress Gardens, learned about people living in swamps and swamp hunting, did a swamp sensory bin with alligators, and did jello writing. This is in addition to the daily reading and various non-theme shenanigans we get into, of course.
There were numerous learning activities at Cypress Gardens.
- Butterfly House: quail, butterflies, duck, plants, poetry related to butterflies, honey bees, fish
- Tortoise cage
- Bird cages
- Finding a (possibly) rare millipede that looked like the yellow one on this site : http://www.natureatcloserange.com/2009/05/north-american-millipede.html
- The Swamparium: Full of various swamp life.
- The Heritage Room: pottery and information concerning the slaves and their pottery making on the land that is now Cypress Gardens
- The Swamp: boat ride where we used the tree signs for number recognition, counting, and addition, watched for alligators, learned about the cypress trees, discussed graffiti, etc.
- And much more.
Because this is Waydon's second year of kindergarten, he knows many of the sight words on our list. I will be revising it. I cannot find my cable for my camera so I will have to have a photo post instead of having it in the weekly post like I plan to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment